Effective date: December 1, 2019
The Treatise Craftsmen & Co. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the website www.treatise.co (the “Website”). We respect the privacy of the users (“you” or “yours”) accessing the Website. This webpage informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Website, as well as the choices you have associated with that data.
- The “Website” is the website www.treatise.co, operated by The Treatise Craftsmen & Co.
- “Services” are the services offered by The Treatise Craftsmen & Co. through the Website, including editing, formatting, translation, and others.
- “Personal Data” is data about a living individual that can be identified from those data, or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession.
- “Usage Data” is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “Cookies” are files with small pieces of data that are stored on your computer or mobile device.
- A “Data Processor” or “Service Provider” is any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- A “Data Subject”, “User”, or “Client” is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
3) Collection of Information
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Website and Services for you. The information that we may collect on the Website includes Personal Data, Usage Data, and Cookies.
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) that can be used to contact or identify you. Such information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
We may use your Personal Data to contact you through newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send, or by contacting us directly.
We or our servers may also automatically collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This data may include, but is not limited to:
- Your device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Your device’s operating system (“OS”).
- Your browser type and version.
- The time and date you visited our Website.
- The pages of our Website that you visited.
- The time spent on those pages of our Website.
- Unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can configure your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website. Examples of Cookies we use include, but are not limited to:
- Session Cookies for the operation of our Website.
- Preference Cookies for remembering your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies for security purposes.
The tracking technologies that may be used on our Website include beacons, pixels, tags, and scripts to collect and track information, as well as to analyse and improve our Website. When you access the Website, your Personal Data is not collected through these technologies.
4) Use of Information
The Treatise Craftsmen & Co. uses the data we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website and Services.
- To notify you about changes to our Website and Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website should you choose to do so.
- To provide client support and respond to customer service requests.
- To gather analysis or other valuable information so that we can improve our Website and Services, as well as for other internal uses.
- To monitor the usage of our Website and improve its efficiency and operation.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues with our Website.
- To provide you with news, special offers, and information about other goods, services, and events we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive these types of information.
- To email you regarding your orders.
- To perform other business activities as needed.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”)
- We need to perform a contract with you.
- You have given us permission to do so.
- The process is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- It is required for payment processing.
- We must comply with the law.
5) Retention of Information
The Treatise Craftsmen & Co. will also retain your Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
6) Transfer of Information
Links to Third-Party Websites
7) Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information that we have collected about you in certain situations:
Law Enforcement and Rights Protection
Under certain circumstances, The Treatise Craftsmen & Co. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities such as a court or government agency.
The Treatise Craftsmen & Co. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary for the following purposes:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Treatise Craftsmen & Co.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoings in connection with the Website and our Services, including policy violations.
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Website and our Services or the general public.
- To protect against fraud.
- To protect against legal liability.
8) Security of Information
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
If you are an EEA resident, you are entitled to certain data protection rights under circumstances as stipulated by the GDPR. Under those circumstances, those rights are as follows:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you may access, update, or request deletion of your Personal Data. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where The Treatise Craftsmen & Co. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
The Treatise Craftsmen & Co. aims to take reasonable steps that allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us directly.
9) Privacy of Children
Our Website and Services are not directed towards minors under the age of 18 or as otherwise defined by local laws (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
10) Changes to This Policy
11) Contact Us
- The Contact page on our Website: http://www.treatise.co/contact
- By email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By correspondence addressed to:
The Treatise Craftsmen & Co.
11/F, Ping Lam Commercial Building
282 Lockhart Road, Wanchai